In the fall of 2005, the Cricket Hall of Fame held it’s annual Induction Ceremony, which included the recognition of Barbados native Barbara P. Lindo. Best known for her work in the community of Hartford and other outstanding contributions to the sport of cricket, Lindo became the first woman to be inducted in the Cricket Hall of Fame. In addition, this honor will also mark the first occasion that a husband and wife team will be in the Cricket Hall of Fame. Lindo’s husband, Cyrus, was an earlier inductee.The location for the historical ceremony was the Marriott Hotel, Adriaen’s Landing in downtown Hartford. On October 1, 2005, an impressive list of former international cricket stars were inducted in addition to Lindo. Among them, the former West Indies fast bowler, Andy Roberts and Indian leg-spinner Bhagwat Chandrasekhar. Roberts is known for being a very intelligent cricketer and, during one point in his career, set the then-record for being the quickest cricketer as he took less than two and a half years to reach 100 Test wickets. Chandrasekhar, on the other hand, remains India’s largest match winner overseas with 42 wickets in only five tests. Unpredictable at times, it is said that… Read full this story
- Nintendo honoured with Variety Hall of Fame induction
- Epic's Tim Sweeney Honored With AIAS Hall Of Fame Induction
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announces its 19 nominees for 2018 induction
- Did The 2014 MMO Hall of Fame Just Vote On Its Own Game?
- NASA Aerodynamics Legend Enters Aviation Hall of Fame
- ‘Super Mario Bros.’, ‘Tetris’, & More Inducted into Video Game Hall of Fame
- Kojima to be inducted into AIAS Hall of Fame, award to be presented by Guillermo del Toro
- Creators of GTA Being Inducted in AIAS Hall of Fame
- Kojima Inducted into the DICE Hall Of Fame
- Lara Croft To Be Inducted Into Golden Joystick Hall of Fame
Cricket Hall of Fame Inducts First Female have 306 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 25, 2006. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.