Scott Woodward, the University of Washington’s newly appointed permanent athletic director, has made it official that Tyrone Willingham will not be back for another season as the Huskies’ head football coach.Willingham will stay on to coach the team’s 5 remaining games and then leave with a $1 million buyout. Willingham was in his 4th year of a 5-year contract.His Huskies are currently 0-7 this season following a 33-7 slapping by Notre Dame last Saturday (10-25-08) on the Huskies’ home turf. Their 7th straight loss of the season meant that the Huskies will end the year with a losing record and elimination from bowl eligibility.Only a fool trapped in an outhouse for the last 5 years would not know that it was not if but when Willingham would go. With any kind of luck whatsoever Willingham’s entire staff will go with him right out the front door.Washington’s football program needs some new faces, new game plans, new offensive and defensive schemes, new personalities, new life and new excitement before all of its fans leave Husky Stadium and never return.Only a very inexperienced chief administrator or a broke fool would think that fans and boosters will open their pockets to fund a… Read full this story
- How Indiana's top-rated football recruits of the past 15 years fared
- GCU soccer players accuse women's coach of ruling 'by fear'
- The One Year Nixon and Baseball Were Both Winners in Washington
- Saturday Night Five: ASU’s down-and-up, Tucson turmoil, a brief history of one-bid leagues and WSU finds its QB
- Henning: 45 years covering sports provide endless memories
- 2018 NCAA National Championships marks 50 years since Dan Gable's first collegiate title
- Hotline newsletter: We tallied the NCAA units for each major conference to date, then calculated the per-school split
- Hotline newsletter: More details on ESPN’s offer, Cal targets Fox, WSU hires Smith and a deep dive into the Pac-12 business model
- Cal hires Mark Fox (well, that was fast … perhaps a little too fast)
- Charley Walters: Timberwolves nearly hired Tom Izzo away from Michigan State
College Football - Washington's Athletic Director Finally Makes the Right Move - Fires Coach have 337 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 30, 2008. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.