No matter how funny, cruel or lame they may be, no one can joke about the effects of political jokes on the popularity of US presidential candidates. With political humor and spoofs sprawled all over late night shows and the joke-opedia on the net, Barrack Obama, McCain, and their respective running-mates are saving some considerable campaign finances. Just like the old cliché, “bad publicity is still publicity”.Famous for Being Joked AboutMcCain’s republican running-mate, Sarah Palin, has become a household name all over the world after the much-hyped about SNL spoof. Then there’s the Leno joke (actually, everyone has joked about this) of her being clueless on the first thing about foreign policies quoting “Up til now, most of her knowledge about foreign countries came from watching the ‘Amazing Race.’ … She met with the presidents of Afghanistan, Colombia and Iraq. She was excited because these are all countries you can’t see from Alaska.”Ironically, she has gained more popularity all throughout America out of these jokes than out of being the governor of Alaska.Barrack Obama is never new to Popville. He has been popular since his senatorial years and now, being the very first black presidential candidate. To say that he… Read full this story
- Trump's surreal royal visit turns from pomp to politics
- No laughing matter: Boris and the politics of entertainment
- ‘My husband's table manners almost broke our marriage’
- 'Our families are true friends'
- Godfather of comedy whose jokes knocked Sinatra sideways
- Matt: Why the duck house was a cartoonist’s dream come true
- Anna Soubry: Dishonest politicians have broken politics
- A political problem
- Taiwan becomes first Asian country to legalize same-sex marriage
- The confusing modern rules of telling a ‘joke’
Politics and Jokes - The Marriage of True Minds have 281 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 1, 2008. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.