While NVIDIA’s new Kepler architecture takes possession of the performance crown in the desktop arena, the outlook is somewhat different in laptop territory. Here, AMD currently rules supreme with its Radeon HD 7970M mobile graphics core – a piece of technology important for a number of reasons. Firstly, it’s powerful enough to handle some of the most advanced DirectX 11 titles at high frame-rates and extreme resolutions. Secondly, the size of the silicon and the power it requires potentially makes the 7970M a viable contender for a next-gen console graphics solution. First up, let’s talk about the laptop hosting this formidable kit. Supplied by Alienware, the new R4 revision of the M17x features a chassis that is superficially identical to the one used for the R3 model we reviewed a couple of months ago. It’s a solid foundation which evidently didn’t need much tweaking in terms of finish; the backlit keyboard, 17-inch LCD, and wide spread of connections (including optical out from a new Sound Blaster Recon3Di sound card) embed cleanly into a sturdy, rubberised matte exterior, with glossy flourishes for the two front speakers and its palm rest. For a laptop set in this higher price bracket, it looks… Read full this story
- Amazon Fire HD 10 review: affordable tablet that's great for Netflix addicts
- Amazon Fire HD 8 review: cutting the right corners for a decent £90 tablet
- Amazon Fire HD 6 review
- Amazon Fire HD 10 review: still a top budget tablet
- Amazon Fire HD 8 review: easily the best tablet you can buy for £80
- Amazon Fire HD 10 review: cutting the wrong corners proves a costly mistake
- Reviews arrive days before the iMac Pro launch, and it’s a big performance jump
- Todo lo que debes saber sobre la tecnología 4K Ultra HD en tu televisor
- Mini-review: How much faster have high-end iMacs gotten in the last 5 years?
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 and 64 review
Radeon HD 7970M Review have 310 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at May 27, 2012. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.