The Windows 8.1 preview is here, giving us a first-hand glimpse at the fruits of Microsoft’s newfound rapid-release religion. Remolding an operating system in eight scant months is a tall task indeed, and while Windows 8.1 is still far from perfect, Microsoft managed to craft a fairly capable reimagining of its new-look OS in the short time since Windows 8 debuted last October. [ Windows Blue: A Sneak Peek ] [ 10 Windows Start Menus for Windows 8.1 ]Steve Ballmer said it well: Windows 8.1 refines the blend, making the core modern UI experience far less jarring than before. Don’t dig all the Live Tiles? Windows 8.1 even tosses several sizable bones to desktop aficionados.Here, folks, are the five most enticing reasons to upgrade to Windows 8.1 when the final version becomes available. Microsoft has said the official release is slated for 2013, but hasn’t announced a firm release date. If you’re feeling adventurous enough to run beta software–preferably on a secondary computer, for precaution’s sake–you canA install the Windows 8.1 preview today, but be sureA to back up your data first. 1. A better desktop experienceHey, this is PCWorld, not TabletWorld, and while the times they are a-changing, the… Read full this story
- Microsoft hits its target of 1Bn devices running on Windows 10
- Windows 10 upgrade failed? Use these 5 tools to find the problem and fix it fast
- Windows 7 Family Pack pricing leaks
- Microsoft hit its goal of installing Windows 10 on 1 billion devices
- 5 reasons why your next phone shouldn't be a foldable
- Spotify vs Tidal: which music streaming service is best for you?
- The Stabbing in Morningside Park
- We try Discord’s new video features, ask if game-chat app will ever make money
- Master working from home with these unmissable home office deals
- In a ruined city on the Italian coast, the Nigerian mafia is muscling in on the old mob
The Top 5 Reasons to Upgrade to Windows 8.1 have 299 words, post on www.cio.com at July 1, 2013. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.