MANILA, Philippines – In the end, Chinese Taipei’s withdrawal of Jones Cup invitation to Gilas Pilipinas has seemingly turned be a boon, and not a bane. Gilas Pilipinas is to miss eight to nine competitive games in the Jones Cup but will make up for it with a clinic under an Asian basketball authority on top of six matches in a New Zealand tour on July 9-19. Tab Baldwin, the American coach that made quite a stir in the last FIBA Asia Championship, beating Iran in the quarterfinals, crushing the Philippines in the semifinals and narrowly losing to China in the finale, is conducting a five-day clinic for the Filipinos in Napier, New Zealand on July 10-14. The Filipinos look forward to the clinic, expecting to learn valuable lessons from Baldwin who had been in Asian basketball circle for about four years, steering Jordan to a breakthrough second-place finish in the Wuhan Asian joust in 2011. A year earlier, the Jacksonville, Florida native piloted the Lebanese national team to the FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup title conquest. He has since returned to New Zealand, his base since the 90s and from which he was made an honorary officer of the New… Read full this story
- Time for Wales to rebuild despite failings of the regional system
- Epic Friends of Search 2014 Conference Review
- Edited Transcript of VMI earnings conference call or presentation 24-Oct-19 1:00pm GMT
- Is it time for Sarfraz Ahmed to hang his hat as the Test captain?
- Emerging talent: 6 players to look out for in PSL4
- 15 advanced link building tactics & tips to boost your SEO
- Why Your Team Sucks 2018: Miami Dolphins
- Detroit Free Press’ Stephen Henderson Out After Harassment Investigation
- Tarot cards: a tool of cold tricksters or wise therapists? – James McConnachie
- Men Are Freaking Out About Their Sperm
Valuable New Zealand clinic to replace Gilas’ botched Jones Cup bid have 292 words, post on www.philstar.com at July 3, 2013. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.