WELLINGTON: Britain’s baby Prince George will host his first ever official function on Wednesday, when he has a play date with a group of New Zealand toddlers in Wellington. The eight-month old, who landed in New Zealand on Monday with parents Prince William and Kate, will meet 10 local babies at an event in Government House organised by non-profit childcare group Plunket. It will be the first time that a regal function has been organised around the young prince since his birth on July 22 last year. Since then, he has rarely been seen in public, with his arrival in Wellington one of the few chances royal watchers have had to see the chubby infant. Plunket president Tristine Clark said the babies at the event were all roughly the same age as George and were the offspring of first-time parents, just like William and Kate. She said the parents were also selected to reflect the diversity of New Zealand society, including various ethnic groups and a same-sex couple. “The parents are a spread of all the communities in New Zealand, including Maoris, Samoans, people of Chinese descent and gay couples,” she said. “This is a very multi-cultural country and we… Read full this story
- New Zealand legend Turner concerned about impact of T20 on cricket
- New Zealand leader Jacinda Ardern marks Anzac Day -- from her driveway
- Prince William, Kate and baby George win a nation's hearts in New Zealand
- Rugby union power rankings: Ireland overtake New Zealand to be top dogs
- Australia and New Zealand Mark ANZAC Day in Coronavirus Isolation
- Boom time for New Zealand's rats as lockdown gives them free rein in cities
- New Zealand's level four coronavirus lockdown has been strict. Here are some of the differences with Australia
- New Zealand set to lift strict level four lockdown from NEXT WEEK as the government prepares to reopen businesses and restaurants
- Terrified British survivor of New Zealand earthquake ran naked into street after 'seeing the walls bend'
- Hockey stars disappointed over venue for India vs New Zealand Test matches
Baby George set for royal play day in New Zealand have 332 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at April 9, 2014. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.