Sachin Tendulkar flanked by former Australian cricketers Adam Gilchrist and Brett Lee pose with the Cricket World Cup trophy during a sporting event. © PTI The stage is all set for the ICC World Cup 2015 that begins February 14 in Australia and New Zealand. The inaugural match will be played between last World Cup’s runners-up Sri Lanka and co-host New Zealand. All fourteen teams are now shortlisting their 15 members for the mega event from their list of probables. Teams had to name a 30-man provisional squad before finalising a 15-strong squad for the competition by 7 January. Team India, who will announce their 15-member World Cup squad today, play arch-rivals Pakistan in their first match of the tournament on February 15. AFGHANISTAN Final squad: Afsar Zazai (wk), Aftab Alam, Asghar Stanekzai, Dawlat Zadran, Gulbadin Naib, Hamid Hassan, Javed Ahmadi, Merwais Ashraf, Mohammad Nabi (capt), Najibullah Zadran, Nasir Jamal, Nawroz Mangal, Samiullah Shinwari, Shapoor Zadran, Usman Ghani. Standby: Hashmatullah Shahidi, Izatullah, Shafiqullah Shafaq (wk), Sharafudin Ashraf. AUSTRALIA Final Squad: Michael Clarke (captain), George Bailey (vc), David Warner, Aaron Finch, Shane Watson, Steven Smith, Brad Haddin (wicketkeeper), Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Marsh, James Faulkner, Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Pat… Read full this story
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Complete squads of all 10 teams, captains
- World Cup head-to-head: SA lead Sri Lanka 3-1; one game tied
- ICC T20 World Cup out of the way, Virat Kohli can focus better on dream team for 2019 World Cup
- The most challenging World Cup, says Virat Kohli
- Why India needs Dhoni in the 2019 World Cup
- V V S Laxman on the Magic of Cricket
- Morkel to retire from international cricket after Australia series
- Ginn, Oliver to take on Pat Howard's former Cricket Australia role
- Ravi Shastri, Virender Sehwag, Tom Moody or 3 others. Who will BCCI select as India's next coach?
- Can't do much when Gayle or AB is in form, laments Dhoni
ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 Teams & Squads have 304 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at January 14, 2015. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.