After what happened last year at the USA Basketball meaningless exhibition game in Las Vegas — the Paul George injury — nobody should be shocked that a lot of the big names you can expect to see playing in 2016 at the Rio Olympics begged out of the USA Basketball exhibition game at the end of traning camp on Thursday. So few players wanted to take part a handful of guys who were not part of the regular camp had to be called in to play in the game. Still, there’s some star power out there. USA Basketball announced the rosters for the showcase, as reported by Sam Amick of the USA Today. Blue Team (Monty Williams, coach): Harrison Barnes, Bradley Beal, DeMar DeRozan, Andre Drummond, Kenneth Faried, Rudy Gay, Amir Johnson, Victor Oladipo, and Elfrid Payton. White Team (Tom Thibodeau, coach): Arron Afflalo, Michael Carter-Williams, DeMarcus Cousins, Draymond Green, Blake Griffin, Terrance Jones, Kawhi Leonard, Mason Plumlee, Klay Thompson, C.J. Watson. I’ll pick the White Team, for two reasons. First is, I like that roster better — Cousins on the inside, Green and Leonard playing defense, Griffin owning everyone, and Thompson shooting from somewhere out on the strip and knocking… Read full this story
- Draymond Green calls DeMarcus Cousins ‘best big man in the game, hands down’
- Las Vegas Shooter Had 23 Firearms in Hotel, Some Fitted With Device to Speed Up Fire
- What, If Anything, Does Stephen Paddock’s Gambling Have to Do With the Las Vegas Shooting?
- Las Vegas Has Been Dreading Mass Violence for a Long Time
- Fear and Roaming in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Gunman Shot Security Guard Before Massacre, Not After
- MGM Resorts Disputes New Police Timeline for Las Vegas Shooting
- Report: LB Kwiatkoski Becomes First Las Vegas Raiders Signing
- Hotel Worker Reported Shooting Before Las Vegas Massacre Started
- Coronavirus Update: Warriors Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green’s Olympic Hopes Placed On Hold
Blake Griffin, DeMarcus Cousins, Draymond Green teammates USA Basketball exhibition Thursday in Las Vegas have 323 words, post on nba.nbcsports.com at August 13, 2015. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.