“GL, HF.” As our own Rich Stanton once observed, only in StarCraft 2 would you need to remind players to have fun at the start of a video game multiplayer match. With Chaos Reborn, it’s sort of the other way round: fun is pretty much guaranteed, but so is luck – good and bad luck, promoted to a position of supreme, and supremely mischievous, importance. It works, too. Chaos Reborn is strategy at its leanest – wizard versus wizard, racing around an arena, conjuring beasts and flinging spells in a swift battle to the death – but the role of luck, or, more specifically, RNG, ensures that every encounter is surprising, and often humbling.I have a theory about this, actually, and it’s worth getting it out of the way upfront. The theory concerns Chaos Reborn’s community, which is atypically lovely. I’m not saying that most online games gather toxicity around them as a matter of course, but few, I suspect, are quite as friendly and inviting as this one is. This could be because the community’s fairly small (I generally get a game within a minute or two of entering matchmaking, but there’s rarely more than 10 matches going on… Read full this story
- Honda HR-V Sport review
- Rhod Gilbert, The Book of John review, Hammersmith Apollo: Britain's crossest comic roars back in style
- Reports: EU leaders agree to delay Brexit until end of October, with a review in June
- Extinction Rebellion live updates: Climate protesters threaten Tube chaos on third day of demonstrations
- US Transportation Dept ‘Special Committee’ to Review Boeing 737 MAX Certificate
- REVIEW: Tease pleases – but not the bar queue!
- Grief Is The Thing With Feathers, Barbican Theatre, review: Cillian Murphy helps this strange meditation on loss take wing
- Review: Policing detail a springboard for many more surprises to come
- Album reviews: New from Sara Bareilles, Lissie, Circa Waves, Luke Sital-Singh
- Mortal Kombat 11 review: fierce and fantastic fighter marred only by commercial concerns
Chaos Reborn review have 319 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at November 10, 2015. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.