iOS: Becoming a parent can really put a damper on your relationships with friends, but meeting up gets easier if your friends are also parents. A new app, Peanut, aims to help women find “mama” friends through a Tinder-like interface.
If you don’t identify as female in your Facebook profile, though, you’re out of luck. Peanut uses your Facebook account to fill out your profile in the app, and then asks if your children are boys or girls, and their ages. You can also pick little stickers for your profile, things like “wine time” or “bookworm” or “hot mess”. After that, you can swipe through pictures of other moms in your area. I “waved” at a few but didn’t get any responses. Then again, the app is new and not too many people are on it yet, so it may become more useful as more people join.
The cheesiness of the app and its odd exclusion of dads may be stumbling blocks to some, but if it helps you connect with new friends, it might be worth it.
Peanut (free) | iTunes App Store
- Republicans helped narrow down area for 1975 Disappeared victim search
- Disappeared: Republicans help refine search area for Columba McVeigh
- Invitation to help the Friends of Tilgate Park with poppy display
- U.S. economists wrestle with how to help 'left behind' areas
- ‘Guardians of the earth’: Would you help keep the area around your place of worship clean?
- 'I thought I was helping a friend but I was actually laundering money for a criminal gang'
- Woman surprises one in a million friend with special delivery
- Couple celebrate 60 years of marriage with a party to help people with cancer
- Ten ways your friends can help boost your health
- Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Knebworth