It’s a deep draft for defense and the Browns end up with two of the best with their two first-round picks by Ryan Wilson @ryanwilsonCBS Mar 8, 2017 at 7:48 am ET • 11 min read It’s no secret that the Browns’ search for a franchise quarterback remains atop the to-do list, and it’s not from lack of trying. For different reasons, first-round picks Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden and Johnny Manziel didn’t work out. And Robert Griffin III — signed last offseason — doesn’t look as if he’ll recapture the form that made him 2012 Offensive Rookie of the Year. Still, despite the obvious needs, the Browns won’t force the issue as they have in the past. Instead of pulling the trigger on Mitchell Trubisky — considered the best of an average bunch — Cleveland instead uses its two first-round picks to stock a defense that ranked 31st last season, according to Football Outsiders. Myles Garrett was a freak show at the combine, which confirmed a dominating junior season at Texas A&M. But the Browns also bolster the defensive line with Alabama’s Jonathan Allen, who slips out of the top 10 after a ho-hum combine performance. Meanwhile, the Eagles flip the… Read full this story
- Xavier McKinney to the Broncos? Analytics-based NFL mock draft has safety coming to Denver.
- Denver Broncos 7-round NFL mock draft 2.0: How does A.J. Bouye trade affect John Elway’s strategy?
- Patriots seven round mock draft 2020: New England finds the next Trey Flowers in the first, multiple WRs late
- Dolphins seven round mock draft 2020: Miami overhauls offense early, then stacks up on athletes
- Justin Jefferson to the Broncos? Pro Football Focus mock draft also has two CU Buffs going in first round.
- Lions seven round mock draft 2020: Detroit takes Isaiah Simmons No. 3 in defense-heavy draft
- NFL player Antonio Brown released on bail by Florida judge
- Myles Garrett regrets doing ESPN interview without first telling Browns
- 2020 NFL Free Agency Mock Draft: Tom Brady to Chargers, Philip Rivers to Colts, Teddy Bridgewater to Bucs
- Bears seven round mock draft 2020: Chicago targets areas of need with limited resources
2017 NFL Mock Draft: Browns bolster D, take Myles Garrett and Jonathan Allen have 356 words, post on www.cbssports.com at March 8, 2017. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.