PORT LOUIS, Aug 28 (Reuters) – Mauritius hotels group Lux Island Resorts reported a 21.1 percent jump in pretax profit for the year ended June, benefiting from a rise in visitors to the island and the sale and lease back of one of its resorts. European visitors are the luxury hotel group’s main source of income. It said it benefited as tourist arrivals from Europe to the island as a whole rose 9 percent in the year through June. Lux announced a pretax profit of 582.85 million rupees ($17.8 million) for the financial year, up from 480.93 million rupees a year earlier. Tourism is a major source of foreign currency for the Indian Ocean island known for its luxury spas and beaches. “Our ambition within the next three years is to at least double both the number of hotels managed, as well as the key regions where LUX* will be present,” the company said in a statement. “To date, our pipeline of third-party hotel management contracts includes six in China, one in Southeast Asia, one in the Indian Ocean, one in the Middle East, and two in Europe/ Eastern Mediterranean,” it said. The group’s revenue in the year to June… Read full this story
- Rescue workers narrowly escape as they run from avalanche in French ski resort
- 38 hot hotels to make the most of the last days of summer
- A Decade After Revolution, Sri Lanka Dives Into Luxury
- U.S. imposes new sanctions on 7 Russian oligarchs and 17 government officials
- 'Genital breathing' Australian turtle faces extinction, scientists warn
- Donald Trump renews attack on Amazon as he accuses retailer of running a US Post Office 'scam'
- Grindr to stop sharing HIV status of users with third-party companies after fierce criticism
- Video of Bolingo the gorilla doing handstands in a zoo branded 'irresponsible'
- Donald Trump has stayed silent on the Russian threat because he fears Putin's juicy 'kompromat'
- Good Friday: Pubs in Ireland set for roaring trade as alcohol ban lifted for first time in 90 years
- Ex-Brazilian president hides out with supporters and refuses to start prison sentence
- Venezuela prison fire: Grieving families teargassed by police after 68 people killed in blaze
- Judge orders coffee sellers to put cancer warnings on their products over inclusion of carcinogen
- The World Trade Organisation is terrified of Donald Trump and will not stop the global trade war
- France: travel chaos hits post-Easter rush
- Nasim Aghdam: Who was suspected YouTube shooter and what were her beliefs?
- Former Mexican president Vicente Fox mocks Trump with T-shirt reading 'can't build a wall if your hands are too small'
Mauritius Lux Island Resorts' annual pretax profit jumps 21 pct have 409 words, post on www.reuters.com at August 28, 2017. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.