Friday August 10, 2018 12:01 AM Gregory and Romaine Zimmerman, who celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary, both were born on Aug. 9, 1948, in Reading Hospital. Written by Bruce Posten Spring Township, PA — When it came to school seating arrangements, Romaine Zerbe and Gregory Zimmerman were always situated alphabetically in the back of the class, Zerbe in front, Zimmerman behind in the same homeroom. For them, however, life wound up in a different alignment, side by side and together as a married couple for more than 50 years, still living near Gouglersville in a three-bedroom home that Zimmerman mostly built himself with help from his father and a friend, Ronald Trupp, his best man. Married at age 17 and raised in different rural corners of the same township (Spring), Romaine and Gregory are now 70 years old this year, born on the same day, Aug. 9, 1948, in Reading Hospital (he was born in the early morning hours, she in the afternoon). They are the parents of five children, grandparents of 12 and great-grandparents of three. Their life, on the whole, might be viewed as a happy coincidence. Gregory prefers to regard it as fate, human destiny. “I was… Read full this story
- Napkin folding and stretching: A coronavirus cruise couple share how they pass time in quarantine
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle join other royals wishing New Zealanders a happy 'Waitangi Day' - despite stepping back from official duties
- How we live together: the off-grid couple
- Find someone who makes you happy, and live a healthier life
- Tearful moment couple is surprised halfway through their wedding by the man who received their 11-year-old son's donated heart and they're able to listen to it beating for the first time in seven years
- Spring Breakers isn't just a terrible movie, it reinforces rape culture
- Mandy Moore's Stunning New Home with Fiance Taylor Goldsmith is 'the Next Chapter in My Life'
- Christina Anstead shares sweet photo of her three-week-old baby... after sustaining scary post-partum injury
- Springs-loaded: test-driving Nike's Vaporfly running shoe
- Couple goal: Ambition
Spring Township couple shares a life of happy coincidence have 334 words, post on www.readingeagle.com at October 9, 2017. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.