Though we’ll miss the many actors, authors, and artists—as well as the favorite TV shows, comics, and characters—who left us this year, at least we’ll always have the joy, thrills, stinging one-liners, breathtaking action scenes, and iconic moments they left behind. The people we’ll miss John G. Avildsen He won a Best Director Oscar for Rocky, but we’ll always know Avildsen best for directing the first three Karate Kid movies, particularly the 1984 original. The underdog tale isn’t technically a genre film, but it’s a touchstone classic for kids of the 1980s, and its many quotable moments (“Wax on, wax off!”) have become timeless. (December 21, 1935-June 16, 2017) Advertisement William Peter Blatty After his 1971 novel The Exorcist became a best-seller, Blatty wrote the Oscar-winning screenplay adaptation and served as a producer on what would become one of the greatest horror movies ever made. (“To this day, I have zero recollection of even a moment when I was writing that I was trying to frighten anyone,” he told the L.A. Times in 2013.) Blatty continued his association with his most famous title by writing and directing the underrated Exorcist III, which got a “definitive cut” re-release in 2016—retitled Legion,… Read full this story
- Don't restrict movement of people, may affect COVID vaccine drive: Centre tells States
- People’s Bank of China Urges Gov’t ‘to Encourage Childbirth’ to Compete With US
- I thought I was a C-cup my whole life, but I’m actually an H – here’s how to check if your bra REALLY fits properly
- Five things that matter to CFOs the most
- Johnny Depp Doesn't Miss the Pirates Franchise: I Travel with Captain Jack in My Suitcase
- 5 Productivity Hacks That Actually Work
- Tennis: Nadal rues missed chance after shock loss
- 'I miss my dad': Migrant kids' video plea to PM for Covid-19 border exemptions
- Ben Stokes faces missing FOURTEEN England matches as all-rounder prepares for surgery on broken finger
- We have gadgets to monitor steps, calories and sleep – but should you actually be tracking your stress levels?
The People and Things We'll Actually Miss From 2017 have 336 words, post on io9.gizmodo.com at December 22, 2017. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.