Val Kilmer is elaborating on the “healing of cancer” he spoke of during a Reddit Ask Me Anything (AMA) earlier this year in a new interview. The Snowman actor, 57, was joined by his children, Mercedes, 26, and Jack, 22, for an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, which said Wednesday that Kilmer had experienced a ”two-year battle with throat cancer.”It’s a big shift from Kilmer’s November 2016 Facebook post, in which he denied Michael Douglas’ claim that he had cancer, though he began changing his tune with the April AMA. ”(Douglas) was probably trying to help me ’cause press probably asked where I was these days,” he told Reddit readers, “and I did have a healing of cancer, but my tongue is still swollen altho (sic) healing all the time. Because I don’t sound my normal self yet people think I may still be under the weather.”Though Kilmer’s speech was still affected in a video that accompanied the Hollywood Reporter story, he told the trade magazine that his faith as a Christian Scientist has helped him endure his medical journey. (Treatment included chemotherapy and a procedure on his trachea, reporter Seth Ambramovitch noted.)The actor also reflected on his career peak, which began in 1986 with Top Gun and continued into the mid-1990s with roles ranging… Read full this story
- For towering Saigon youth, daily life’s a tall order
- Hanwha Life Vietnam launches new products
- Teen obesity tied to increased risk of pancreatic cancer
- Love, willpower help Vietnamese woman beat odds to survive highly fatal cancer
- Missing microbes 'cause' childhood cancer
- Foreign life insurers stepping up game in Vietnam
- Cancer Hospital employs robots, AI in treating cancer
- Hanoi samaritans help children of cancer patients
- Veteran US senator McCain halts cancer treatment
- Being too fat or too thin 'can cost four years of life'
Val Kilmer reflects on life before cancer: 'I was too serious' have 309 words, post on www.usatoday.com at December 20, 2017. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.