Until reminded of the date, Travis Shaw didn’t realize Wednesday marked the one-year anniversary of his trade from the Boston Red Sox to the Milwaukee Brewers.“It kind of slipped my mind,” said Shaw, who was acquired during baseball’s 2016 winter meetings. “When you think about it, a lot has happened in the 365 days since then. Everything in my life is different now.”It indeed was a life-changing year for the slugging third baseman, on and off the field. He became the steal of the major-league trade market as a dynamic offensive force for the Brewers, resulting in the well-deserved honor as the team’s most valuable player.But Shaw’s baseball career was put in stark perspective in June, when daughter Ryann was born with a severe heart abnormality that plunged her into a life-or-death struggle. Shaw and wife Lindy were faced with something no new parents should have to confront – the immediate mortality of their baby.“I used to think going 0 for 10 was tough,” he said. “She was fighting for her life and didn’t even know any better.”One month after being traded to the Brewers, Shaw accompanied his pregnant wife for what was expected to be a routine checkup and ultrasound near their home… Read full this story
- The Most Life-Changing Breakthroughs in Genetics of 2017
- How to Be Tidy Without 'Life-Changing Magic'
- How to Support a Loved One Through a Major Life Change
- Seek Out a Support System Before Making Difficult Life Changes
- AT&T wants organisations to serve up 'life-changing' IoT solutions, not just gimmicks
- Model Liu Wen on Landing a Beauty Contract: 'Life-Changing'
- Cop Saves Baby's Life, 20 Years Later He Attends Her Wedding
- Mother Kills Son in Hospital Room Before Taking Own Life
- In search of perfection: Razer reflects on five years of laptop design
- Payroll software update reflects tax changes
With baby daughter out of hospital, Brewers' Travis Shaw reflects on life-changing year have 313 words, post on www.jsonline.com at December 5, 2017. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.