COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) South Carolina coach Frank Martin doesn’t see adding Brian Bowen Jr. as a risk, only as an opportunity to give the Louisville transfer a new chance to play in college. ”I don’t judge people for their successes or their mistakes, that’s not who I am,” Martin said Thursday. ”I’m into teaching, I’m into educating. I’m into helping people.” That’s a big reason why, Martin said, Bowen and his family settled on South Carolina for the 6-foot-7, highly regarded forward’s next basketball chapter. Bowen was held out of practices and games after Louisville announced it was being investigated as part of a federal corruption probe of briber y in college basketball that led to the firing of coach Rick Pitino. Ten people, including four assistant coaches and Adidas executive James Gatto, were initially charged in the investigation. One of the coaches was Oklahoma State assistant Lamont Evans, who was a member of Martin’s South Carolina staff from 2012-16. Bowen was suspended by Louisville after news of an alleged payment involving the Cardinals and his father to get him to attend that school. The federal complaint stated that Gatto and others attempted to funnel $100,000 to a recruit’s family… Read full this story
- Vanderbilt tops South Carolina 83-74 behind Pippen in finale
- No. 1 South Carolina races to 27-point lead, routs Ole Miss
- No. 1 South Carolina women rout Georgia 89-56 in SEC tourney
- South Carolina stays No. 1 in women’s Top 25; Oregon next
- Kotsar leads South Carolina over Mississippi State 83-71
- South Carolina Women’s Hoops Team Turns Down White House Invitation
- Herbert Harrigan, No. 1 South Carolina roll to SEC title
- Who Could Breach Joe Biden’s ‘Firewall’ in South Carolina?
- No. 1 South Carolina women beat Georgia in SEC quarterfinals
- Jackson’s 16 pts lead NC A&T past South Carolina St, 78-63
South Carolina coach sees no down in adding suspended Bowen have 317 words, post on www.foxsports.com at January 11, 2018. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.