After transferring to the University of Utah from Brigham Young University, theater student Kailey Ganevsky anticipated more freedom — she would no longer have to adhere to the private school’s Honor Code, which dictates that all women on campus must cover their shoulders and cannot wear skirts or shorts that rise above the knee. “I was disappointed on my first trip to the gym,” Ganevsky said. “I was interrupted mid-workout by an employee informing me that the 3 inches of my back and my armpits with my sports bra showing weren’t compliant with their dress code.” Although the U doesn’t have any policies regarding what students wear, the Student Life Center on campus does. “For reasons of hygiene, safety, and protection of equipment, appropriate dress attire is mandatory at all times,” stated the facility’s nearly 10,000-word policy. “Shirts, shorts, pants and closed-toe athletic shoes are required. Shirts must cover the sides, torso and midriff. If the sleeves of a shirt are cut off, the hole may hang no lower than 4 inches, or a fist width, from the armpit. [Campus Recreation Services] reserves the right to deem any item of clothing unacceptable in accordance with health and safety standards.” Signs… Read full this story
- #TimesUp Confirms There Will Be No Black Dress Code at the Oscars
- Military dress code gets tech upgrade
- Apple's 30th, cell phone dangers, open source dress codes and more...
- More than 50 former and current USC students sue gynecologist and school
- Chrissy Teigen Says Her Sex Life Definitely Changed After 2 Babies
- Bebe Rexha Says Designers Won't Dress Her For The Grammys Because She's A Size 8
- A Bride Demanded Her Bridesmaids Help Her Pay For Her $10,500 Wedding Dress
- Katy Perry Said Meghan Markle's Wedding Dress Needed 'One More Fitting'
- Emilia Clarke's Emmys 2019 Dress Was Inspired By Jennifer Lopez
- Palace Aides Tell Meghan Markle She Needs To Dress 'Less Like a Hollywood Star' And 'More Like a Royal'
Student Life Center Dress Code Enforcement Concerns U Students have 325 words, post on dailyutahchronicle.com at January 26, 2018. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.