IPL 2018 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on ShareTweet Both Warner and Smith have been barred from playing in the IPL this year © IPL The already beleaguered Australian pair of Steven Smith and David Warner, the country’s captain and vice-captain until the recent ball-tampering saga unfolded, have been banned from participating in IPL 2018 with immediate effect, BCCI confirmed through a media release, on Wednesday (March 28). The decision was made by the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators, in consultation with the BCCI Acting President CK Khanna, IPL Chairman Rajeev Shukla and BCCI Acting Hon. Secretary Amitabh Choudhary. While the latest decision leaves a huge vacuum in both the Royals’ and Sunrisers’ camp, the Indian cricket board has allowed the franchises to bring in replacements for the duo. “The BCCI hopes that the cricketers participating in the IPL hold the highest regard for the Spirit of Cricket and Code of Conduct for Players and Match Officials,” the release read further. Both players, captains of their respective franchises, had already stepped down from their positions as leaders of the side. Both Smith and Warner were on contracts of 12.5 crore INR – the highest paid Australian players in the… Read full this story
- Bennington group to propose town adopting plastic bag ban
- Roku Hosts Alex Jones’ Infowars Channels After Facebook, YouTube Ban for Hate Speech and ‘Glorifying Violence’
- Election 2018: Republican Dante Acosta concedes; Democrat Christy Smith takes LA-area Assembly seat
- Jada Pinkett Smith Says Achieving a 'Certain Amount of Success' Made Her 'Extremely Suicidal'
- The 2018 Midterms Were A Preview Of 2020's Policy Ideas
- Why A Raccoon Climbing A Skyscraper Was The Perfect Metaphor For 2018
- Luther Burbank Corporation Reports Earnings for the Quarter and Year Ended December 31, 2018
- Ryan Smith, Larry Householder square off in Ohio House speaker showdown: Capitol Letter
- Fred Warner’s quick adaptation gives 49ers consistency as they look to stop Seattle Seahawks
- 49ers’ Malcolm Smith enduring another painful season
Smith, Warner banned from IPL 2018 have 323 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at February 28, 2018. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.