By Ikram KhanIn-form Ambati Rayudu and Chennai Super Kings skipper MS Dhoni showcased superlative performances to edge out hosts Royal Challengers Bangalore in a thriller at the M Chinnaswamy stadium on Wednesday. Chasing a total of 206, the visitors were struggling at 74/4 at one stage before Rayudu (82, 3×4, 8×6, 53 balls) and Man of the Match Dhoni with an unbeaten 70 (1×4, 7×6, 34 balls) produced a stunning finish to power CSK to a five-wicket victory with two balls to spare.Unperturbed by the loss of four wickets close to the halfway mark, Dhoni and Rayudu chose to attack the rival bowlers diligently. The two produced a series of top quality shots and kept their side in the hunt. While Rayudu, in sublime form, played the big shots at will, Dhoni was at his best cutting and pulling the rival bowlers, who appeared to have lost the plot the moment the two CSK batsmen took charge. The pair added 101 runs for the fifth-wicket before Rayudu was unfortunately run-out in the 18th over with CSK still needing 31 runs. But Dwayne Bravo, who smashed a boundary and a six in the final over, and the cool and composed Dhoni… Read full this story
- IPL 2019: Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals: Highlights: Chennai mow down Delhi
- IPL 2020: Why does Virat Kohli underperform as Royal Challengers Bangalore captain?
- IPL 2020: Hardik Pandya selects MS Dhoni to lead his All Time Best IPL XI
- IPL 2020: Kerala make efforts to stage some IPL 13 matches if the tournament gets the nod
- ‘There are glaring mistakes:’ Aakash Chopra explains why Virat Kohli hasn’t been a successful IPL captain
- Preview: 1st T20I: India Vs South Africa in Dharamsala
- Piyush Chawla reveals why CSK bought him for Rs 6.75 crore
- Harbhajan Singh reveals whether he will retire after next IPL
- 'Helicopter 7': Bravo celebrates Dhoni with new song
- IPL has helped adapt while bowling on various tracks: Mitchell Santner
- All you need to know about IPL 10!
- Malinga, Pollard, Dhoni, Watson: who is the IPL's all-time MVP?
- Ravindra Jadeja gets emotional on anniversary of Team India's semi-final defeat against New Zealand in 2019 World Cup
- I tried everything but the batting was packed with Sachin, Rahul, Laxman, Sehwag: Former India cricketer S Badrinath
- Mitchell Santner: 'I'm working on disguising my carrom ball a bit better'
IPL 2018: RCB vs CSK: Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni power Chennai Super Kings to 5-wicket victory over Royal Challengers Bangalore have 365 words, post on mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com at April 25, 2018. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.