In a press event in New Delhi, Google introduced a new search experience in India allowing users to search for jobs within Google. The company aims to make your job hunt simpler allowing you to find relevant employment opportunities from many popular job listing websites, online classifieds, and companies.
Google aims to work closely with the job board and classifieds ecosystem to bring comprehensive listings. The company has worked with a number of organizations including Aasaanjobs, Freshersworld, Headhonchos, IBM Talent Management Solutions, LinkedIn, Quezx, QuikrJobs, Shine.com, T-Jobs, TimesJobs, and Wisdomjobs to bring users the most comprehensive listing of jobs.
Users can now access this experience in English on the Search app on Android and iOS, as well as in Google Search on the desktop and mobile. When users search for “jobs near me,” “jobs for freshers,” or similar job-seeking queries, they will see a special module that can be expanded to a more immersive experience. Clicking on any job in this listing opens an at-a-glance view of comprehensive information about the posting. The search experience allows you to find a gig closer to home by adding ETA, location, and distance filters, as well as save jobs that interest you. There is also an ‘Alerts’ feature allowing job seekers to receive email notifications whenever new and relevant jobs matching their interests become available.
Third-party job platforms can make their listings discoverable in this new search experience.
The company also released open documentation for the job search experience allowing any third-party job search platform to make their job listings discoverable in this new search experience using open structured schema.org web markup standards that Google supports.
According to Rajan Anandan, Vice President India & Southeast Asia, Google, in Q4 last year, the search engine saw more than a 45% increase in the number of job search queries, and this number is continuously growing. Smaller companies that are the largest job creators are often unable to make their listings discoverable and this new job search experience attempts to bridge this gap.
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai: 'I don't know whether humans want change that fast'
- Donald Trump, Harry Styles and Miley Cyrus together at a Mayfair Gallery
- The VIP Lounge with Kevin Clay
- Tribeca at a crossroads: Downtown NYC festival launches new strategies
- Facebook expected to be valued at $100bn in stock market flotation
- There’s one black Trans Am left from ‘Smokey and The Bandit.’ It’s retired in Miami
- ‘Don’t Succumb to the Fear’: Women Share Travel Safety Tips
- My Yoga Teacher Training Experience at Y7 Studios in New York • Alex in Wanderland