While the St. Louis Cardinals were sweeping the Chicago Cubs last weekend, the Chicago White Sox played host to the Minnesota Twins.My daughter, Bryson, had just completed her freshman year at Dominican University in the northwest suburb of River Forest, Illinois and sang at the baccalaureate service on Saturday. I drove up Sunday and before heading home on Monday with a SUV full of her belongings, we decided to take in Sunday’s White Sox game.My late father had cousins that resided in Chicago and his dad was a graduate of the University of Chicago. They were southsiders and they were White Sox fans. They wanted nothing to do with the Cubs. I attended a game at old, raggedy Comiskey Park long before I ever set foot in Wrigley Field and I still count myself as a White Sox fan. The Sox moved into a new stadium in 1991 and it now carries the name Guaranteed Rate Field.I purchased two tickets on StubHub in the club level section for $24 each – less than half of their true value. I had no idea it was a swank area of the stadium with a carpeted concourse and a host or hostess who… Read full this story
- How Will the Southern Baptists Reckon With the Sin of Racism?
- Can Chloé Valdary Sell Skeptics on DEI?
- Tegan and Sara Rewrite the Queer Coming-of-Age Story
- In China, a Lake’s Champion Imperils Himself
- Cinema Is Finally Embracing Queer Coming-of-Age Stories
- 'He's beginning to forget who I am': S'porean wife on caring for husband of 40 years with dementia
- What It’s Like To Drive An SSC Tuatara 330 MPH On A Nevada Public Road
- Chris Chibnall Cast a Black Woman as the Doctor, But It’s Only Just a Start
- As N.F.L. Fights Racism and Sexism, Team Owners Undercut the Message
- Iran ‘Concludes’ Attacks, Foreign Minister Says
- Doctor Who's Showrunner Wants You to Know That the New Time Lord Is No Joke
- Frank Ocean, Harper Lee, and the Plight of the Reclusive Artist
- The G.O.P.’s New Distancing Policy
- Nvidia RTX 3000 Mobile-Powered Gaming Review Roundup | Digital Trends
- Cultured Wars: Yakult & Vitagen's decades-long battle for dominance in S'pore
Confessions of a closet White Sox fan; Tatum taking over postseason have 353 words, post on www.stlamerican.com at May 9, 2018. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.