James Williamson – AMA/Getty Images Chelsea talisman Eden Hazard has suggested he may not have what it takes to win the Ballon d’Or after saying “you need to be selfish” in order to win the biggest individual prize in football. Speaking to BBC Sport presenter Gabby Logan, Hazard spoke of his father’s comments to him when he was young, asserting that he was too selfless to win the Ballon d’Or: “He always told me that. Maybe it’s true. I think, in football now, if you want to win something like the Ballon d’Or or [to be the] top-scorer, you need to be selfish. But I’m not like this, not at all. So, I’m just who I am.” Hazard, 27, scored 16 goals and recorded 13 assists in all competitions this season as Chelsea ran to fifth in the Premier League in what was a disappointing defence of their title. The Blues face Manchester United in the FA Cup final on Saturday, but not even a star turn-out there and a superb 2018 FIFA World Cup would put Hazard in contention for the Ballon d’Or at the end of the year. That’s where many might have predicted he’d be at this stage… Read full this story
- The Need to Win
- Online Poker - For Beginners The Traits You Need To Win Huge Pots
- Just Because A Man-Woman Says They Need Space Doesn't Always Mean The Relationship Is Over
- What Paintball Gear Do Players Need?
- The Need to Win - Part 2
- Are You Saying, I Need Some Extra Cash?
- What You Need to Win in Online Live Black Jack
- Girls Hockey Players Need More Than Strength
- Free Forex Education - Everything You Need to Win and Make Triple Digit Gains You Can Get For Free!
- Perfecting Skills Needed To Win Your Competitors In Kayaking Racing!
Eden Hazard Says Players 'Need to Be Selfish' to Win Ballon D'Or have 316 words, post on bleacherreport.com at May 18, 2018. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.