Google has been spotted testing a new design for image search results pages.The new design features the now-familiar rounded corners — one of the most prominent changes in Google’s latest redesign of regular search results.In addition, the way images are presented has been redone. The redesign includes an in-line photo viewer, which opens on the left-hand side of the SERPs.Google’s new photo-viewer maintains its position on the side, making it possible to continue scrolling through search results while keeping the selected image in view.With a white background, the new photo viewer is arguably more aesthetically pleasing as it’s designed to blend in with the rest of the page.By comparison, the old photo viewer with the solid black background tends to stick out like a sore thumb.You’ll also notice that the vibrantly colored image search suggestions have been changed to plain white. The suggestions are contained in bubble-shaped buttons, so there’s no more sharp edges there either.All in all, the redesigned image search doesn’t add anything new to the user experience, nor does it take anything away.The changes are purely cosmetic, perhaps in an effort to make image SERPs match the regular SERPs.For the time being this new design is still… Read full this story
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai says there's 'no question' AI needs to be regulated to protect against the rise of deepfakes and 'nefarious uses of facial recognition'
- Clearview AI Says Its Facial Recognition Software Identified A Terrorism Suspect. The Cops Say That's Not True.
- Best WordPress themes for blogs in 2020
- Hackers Are Coming for the 2020 Election — And We’re Not Ready
- The Storming of Area 51: A Covert Journey to the Heart of America’s Worst-Kept Secret
- The Ultimate Guide To Hiring Original Thinkers
Google Tests New Design for Image Search Results have 297 words, post on www.searchenginejournal.com at July 22, 2018. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.