Labor Day weekend marked yet another record-breaking box office performance for the romantic comedy “Crazy Rich Asians.” The film became the most successful studio rom-com in nine years, since 2009’s “The Proposal.” “Crazy Rich Asians” topped the domestic box office again for the third weekend in a row, bringing in an estimated additional $22.2 million as of Sunday. With a total of $111 million from North American theaters so far, the film’s earnings have already surpassed the lifetime domestic total of 2015’s “Trainwreck,” the last major studio rom-com box office success. “The Proposal,” starring Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds, earned $164 million in North America in 2009, not adjusted for inflation. “Crazy Rich Asians,” which stars Constance Wu and Henry Golding, has had a stronger opening than any other comedy this year. The film might have one of the biggest Labor Day box office weekends ever, as well. “Halloween” opened with $30.6 million during Labor Day weekend in 2007, and projections are pegging “Crazy Rich Asians” at up to $30 million for the full holiday weekend by the time final numbers are reported. This past weekend’s ticket sales only decreased by 10 percent from last weekend’s sales. Warner Bros. is… Read full this story
- Disney's Lilo & Stitch Remake Goes After Crazy Rich Asians Director Jon M. Chu
- Christopher Nolan reveals he's 'thrilled' about Tenet's box office results: 'Everyone has to adapt to a new reality'
- Weekend Box Office Plunges To 22-Year Low At $55M+, Theater Closings Rise To 100+ Overnight As Coronavirus Fears Grip Nation – Sunday Final
- Tenet's domestic haul rises to a paltry $36M with The New Mutants a distant second... as the box office continues to disappoint amid the pandemic
- Liam Neeson Action Pic ‘Honest Thief’ Nabs $4M+ Total; ‘Tenet’ Clocks Past $50M+ In U.S., $334M WW – Box Office
- Diwali Box Office Clashes: Bollywood Films Which Had Locked Horns At Box Office On This Festival
- Tenet Continues to Struggle at U.S. Box Office While Crossing $250M Worldwide
- With ‘The Eight Hundred’ Now 2020’s No. 1 Global Grosser & As National Day Nears, Will China Box Office Top Domestic This Year? – Market Rankings Chart
- Deadpool overflows global box office thanks to snark and social-media savvy
- Disney, Marvel dominance couldn't save dwindling summer 2019 box office
"Crazy Rich Asians" becomes most successful studio rom-com at the box office in 9 years have 360 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at September 4, 2018. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.