BENNINGTON, Vt. (AP) Environmental advocates are pushing for a Vermont town to join the chorus of communities across the country in banning plastic shopping bags. The Bennington Banner reports the Climate Advocates of Bennington will formally propose a ban before the town Select Board Dec. 10. The group has not decided on the details of the ban, but member Elizabeth Schumer says they want to model it on the ordinance that went into effect in Brattleboro in July. The Brattleboro ordinance bans local businesses from giving out single-use plastic bags or they will face a potential $50 fine. Climate Advocates coordinator Barbara True-Weber says single-use plastic has become overwhelming for oceans and landfills. Member Michelle Alexander says Select Board members have expressed support for the ban. (Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Thailand starts the decade with a plastic bag ban at major stores
- Plastic Bag Ban Goes Into Effect In Several New Jersey Towns
- Eight months on, is the world's most drastic plastic bag ban working?
- Tewksbury Keeps Plastic Bag Ban
- Plastic Bag Ban, TV, Selectman Drunk Driving: Tewksbury's 2019
- Thailand kicks off 2020 with plastic bag ban
- Going meme: Thai shoppers get creative after plastic bag ban
- Tewksbury Considering Repeal Of Plastic Bag Ban
- Thailand begins 2020 with plastic bag ban at major stores
- Cuomo signs plastic bag ban on Earth Day
Bennington group to propose town adopting plastic bag ban have 235 words, post on www.wcax.com at December 3, 2018. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.