BENNINGTON, Vt. (AP) Environmental advocates are pushing for a Vermont town to join the chorus of communities across the country in banning plastic shopping bags. The Bennington Banner reports the Climate Advocates of Bennington will formally propose a ban before the town Select Board Dec. 10. The group has not decided on the details of the ban, but member Elizabeth Schumer says they want to model it on the ordinance that went into effect in Brattleboro in July. The Brattleboro ordinance bans local businesses from giving out single-use plastic bags or they will face a potential $50 fine. Climate Advocates coordinator Barbara True-Weber says single-use plastic has become overwhelming for oceans and landfills. Member Michelle Alexander says Select Board members have expressed support for the ban. (Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Retailers face fines of $50,000 as Victoria’s plastic bag ban kicks in on November 1
- North Andover Sustainability Committee Proposes Plastic Bag Ban
- Plastic Bag Ban Bill Signed By Baltimore Mayor
- New Mexico’s largest metro area prepares for plastic bag ban
- Coles accused on Facebook of changing plastic bag providers
- Ban the bag: Waleed Aly calls on three Australian premiers to ban plastic bags
- How did we let plastic bags get everywhere?
- Giant Eagle Soon Hopes To Eliminate Plastic Bags At All Stores
- Waterworks Giant Eagle To Eliminate Plastic Bags At Registers
- China will ban plastic bags, disposable tableware and single-use straws by the end of the year to reduce waste
Bennington group to propose town adopting plastic bag ban have 257 words, post on www.wcax.com at December 3, 2018. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.