Jarrett Stidham will be among two Auburn players to participate in the Senior Bowl next month.
Less than a day after declaring early for the NFL Draft, Stidham has accepted an invite to the Senior Bowl. Stidham, who graduated from Auburn in May, is eligible despite being a redshirt-junior. His official acceptance of the invite was announced Wednesday afternoon during the Senior Bowl’s live reveal show.
Stidham is one of six quarterbacks from across the country to already accept an invitation to the game in Mobile and one of seven to receive an invite. West Virginia’s Will Grier, Washington State’s Gardner Minshew, Penn State’s Trace McSorley, Northwestern’s Clayton Thorson and NC State’s Ryan Finley are the other quarterbacks who have accepted invites to the game.
Stidham, who had an underwhelming second season at Auburn after a breakthrough 2017 campaign, will have plenty to prove during Senior Bowl week.
Stidham will not be the only Auburn player in Mobile that week. Auburn senior defensive tackle Dontavius Russell, a four-year starter for the Tigers, previously accepted his invitation to the game. It is Auburn’s fewest representatives at the game in three years, when defensive back Jonathan Jones was the long Tigers player in the 2016 edition of the Senior Bowl.
The Senior Bowl will be played Saturday, Jan. 26 at 1:30 p.m. in Ladd-Peebles Stadium, with the game broadcast on NFL Network. It will be preceded by a week of practices in Mobile.
Tom Green is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Tomas_Verde.
- Auburn's Jarrett Stidham on track to make full return this summer
- NFL Draft analyst: Jarrett Stidham may have been 1st-round pick this year
- Rewinding NFL Draft 2018's second, third rounds: 3 Auburn players picked
- Gus Malzahn expects 3 more injured Auburn players back for fall camp
- New York Jets sign 3 former Auburn players as undrafted free agents
- Smith, Johnson & Davis highlight Auburn players selected on Day 2 of NFL draft
- Mel Kiper Jr. thinks Braden Smith is 'most underrated' Auburn player in NFL Draft
- Who will be the first Auburn player picked in the 2018 NFL Draft?
- Manny Tagle tops Jim McCoy to win seniors bowling title
- Anglian Players ‘Play On’ at March Community Centre