MADISON – Gov.-elect Tony Evers on Friday added four more faces to his Cabinet — including an advocate of raising revenue for Wisconsin roads to lead the state’s Department of Transportation. But the GOP leader of the state Senate cast doubt on Evers’ pick for DOT just hours after his name was announced, putting the lobbyist’s confirmation in jeopardy. Evers named new leaders of agencies overseeing public utilities, insurance, agriculture and transportation. Among them is Craig Thompson, executive director of the Wisconsin Transportation Development Association, as DOT secretary. Transportation has been a divisive and controversial issue in recent years and most recently set Evers apart from Gov. Scott Walker in the general election. Thompson would take over an agency with recent turnover as officials there struggled to find common ground with Walker, who would not entertain the idea of raising the state’s tax burden to pay for road projects. “It’s a daunting endeavor — I don’t underestimate that. But I’m ready to get started,” Thompson said at a Friday news conference in Madison. RELATED: Gov.-elect Tony Evers tabs four Milwaukee officials to fill top positions Thompson was a vocal advocate of finding new revenue for road projects during a protracted debate during the last state budget cycle, during which disagreements over… Read full this story
- Australian Open 2019 draw, bracket: Potential Roger Federer vs. Novak Djokovic final; Serena Williams faces tough road
- Motorists in loud cars could face fines from 'noise cameras'
- The paultan.org 2016 Top Five cars list – the writers each pick five that impressed them the most this year
- Saltwater before the storm keeps roads clear — and it’s greener and costs less
- 1970 Plymouth Road Runner – Crash-Test Honey – Dream Drive
- Road Test: 2017 Toyota 4Runner
- NFL Week 11 Picks Against The Spread 2018: Predictions ATS, Updated Odds For Every Game
- Review: the Lotus 3-Eleven, Norfolk’s fastest car ever
- FMIA: Kyler Murray, No. 1 Story at the Combine, And No. 1 Pick in the Draft?
- FMIA Mock Draft: Four Trades, Four QBs and the 2019 No. 1 Pick Will Be…
Tony Evers' pick for Department of Transportation could face rough road to confirmation have 332 words, post on www.jsonline.com at December 7, 2018. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.