A GRANDDAD charged with hurling a banana skin at Arsenal star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has insisted: “I’m not racist.” Van driver Averof Panteli, 57, threw the piece of fruit when the Gabon captain scored the first of his two goals in the Gunners’ 4-2 derby win. The lifelong Spurs fan and grandfather-of-two told The Sun Online he picked up banana skin after a child had finished eating it – and threw it without thinking about the racial implications. He was arrested and charged after a nearby steward pointed him out to pitch-side cops. Speaking from his home in Norwich, Norfolk, he said he “swears on his kids’ lives” that he is not racist. He said: “I am not racist whatsoever. I am actually a Greek Cypriot. I am 100 per cent not a racist. I swear on my kids’ lives that I am not that kind of guy. “I apologise if I have offended anyone from both clubs, especially Tottenham. It was a mad thing I did and I never meant to offend anyone in any way. I never meant anything by it. “The Arsenal player was gloating in front of the away fans. He came up towards the away fans… Read full this story
- Premier League: Fulham 0-3 Arsenal: Willian and Gabriel hit the ground running in routine Gunners win
- Arsenal boss Arteta promoted from head coach to first-team manager
- Salah hat-trick saves Liverpool, Arsenal cruise as Premier League returns
- TOWIE 10th Anniversary: Drug shame, petrol bombs, acid attacks and brawls... the scandals that plagued the reality star elite over the past decade
- PST’s 2020-21 Premier League season preview roundtable
- Solskjaer just ‘using the squad’ in Manchester United blowout of Leipzig
- Who can challenge Klopp’s Liverpool juggernaut?
- Pep Guardiola’s Man City will beat reigning champs Liverpool to Premier League crown.. by a whisker
Van driver charged with throwing banana skin at Arsenal star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang says: ‘I’m NOT racist’ have 298 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 3, 2018. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.