News 21 // 22 Jan 2019, 19:37 IST SHARE What’s the story?Australian all-rounders Travis Head and Pat Cummins have been named Australia’s new interim vice-captains for the upcoming two-match Test series against Sri Lanka. They will replace Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Marsh for the deputy positions.In case you didn’t know…Seasoned fast bowler Hazlewood has been ruled out for the two Test matches due to a supposed back injury, while Mitchell Marsh’s dismal run of form not only sees him stripped off his vice-captaincy but also his place in the squad.The mighty Aussies have been busy with chopping and changing their ranks in order to find stability, but have provided leadership roles to as many as nine players in the last 10 months.The heart of the matterHaving acknowledged the National Selection Panel’s recommendation, the selection committee decided to hand Head and Cummins with extra responsibility.National selector Trevor Hohns confirmed:”The Board of Cricket Australia has endorsed the National Selection Panel’s recommendation for Travis Head and Patrick Cummins to be appointed co-vice captains for the two Test matches against Sri Lanka.”He elucidated:”I’d like to congratulate Travis and Patrick on being named co-vice captains for the series, it is a fitting reward for… Read full this story
- 2nd Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka Close In On West Indies Lead After Ball-Tampering Row
- Pat Cummins is Australia's highest-ranked bowler in five years
- Pat Cummins 'pretty close to' being the best in the world: Tim Paine
- The long road from Bradman's moral lesson to Bancroft's ball tampering
- Priyam Garg to lead India at U-19 World Cup as selectors name 15-member squad
- Tony Greig's Spirit of Cricket Cowdrey Lecture – in full
Australia name two new vice-captains for Sri Lanka Tests have 278 words, post on www.sportskeeda.com at January 22, 2019. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.