Jan 31, 2019Osman SamiuddinCloseSenior editor, ESPNcricinfoOsman spent the first half of his life pretending he discovered reverse swing with a tennis ball half-covered with electrical tape. The second half of his life was spent trying, and failing, to find spiritual fulfillment in the world of Pakistani advertising and marketing. The third half of his life will be devoted to convincing people that he did discover reverse swing. And occasionally writing about cricket. And learning mathematics.Shiva JayaramanCloseSenior stats analyst, ESPNcricinfoFollow on TwitterFacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmailprintBabar Azam has had a big Test year, yes. Babar has been having some big white-ball years for a while, also yes. How big? A lot of the talk around Babar’s ODI – and T20 – batting has centered on the records he has broken, some records which have acquired greater value by dint of the men he has gone past.Last year, for instance, he didn’t just become the fastest in terms of innings to 1000 T20I runs, he beat Virat Kohli. Not long ago he was the joint-fastest to 1000 ODI runs, sharing that record with two all-time greats, Sir Viv Richards and Mr Kevin Pietersen.Some are not really records, just mildly interesting trivia: he’s the only player… Read full this story
- PakvsNz: T20s proved Pakistan is a good team, but the ODIs will determine if it is a great one
- Zaman breaks 38-year-old record
- 'God' helps break down barriers
- Yasir Shah breaks 82-year-old world record
- 2019 Pakistan tour of England schedule announced
- Will Imran Khan’s ‘tabdeeli’ affect the PCB as well?
- ‘Extremely lucky’: Bangladesh cricketers narrowly avoid mosque massacre
- The Princess And The Frog
- 7 Reasons Why
Breaking down Babar Azam, the ODI batsman have 267 words, post on www.espncricinfo.com at January 31, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.