By Matthew Geagan, CBS Boston BOSTON (CBS) — The Celtics have a true test on their hands Wednesday night at TD Garden. Boston, winners of six of their last eight games, welcome in the Indiana Pacers, who have won seven of their last eight. It’s a great opportunity for a Celtics team that appears to have turned a corner to prove that they have, indeed, turned a corner. The Pacers are a legit threat in the East, and a win on Wednesday would be one of Boston’s best of a rather disappointing first half of the season. While all the preseason hype went to the Celtics and Toronto Raptors in the East, Indiana has propelled themselves into the conversation with a great start to the season. They’ve followed up last year’s 48-34 campaign with a 27-13 start to the season, currently seated in the No. 3 slot in the Eastern Conference. They’re doing it with some stellar defense, as Nate MacMillan’s team is second in the NBA with a 103.4 defensive rating. The Celtics currently rank third at 104.1. Juicy. Indiana has a stud scorer in Victor Oladipo, who has added some clutchness to his two-way game this season. That was on full… Read full this story
- Man sparks chase after incident at Town & Country Village
- Live updates: Celtics draft forward Robert Williams with 27th overall pick
- ESPN Writer Calls Celtics Legend Kevin McHale ‘Poor White Man’ for Attending Minnesota Trump Rally
- “Found Footage with Style”: Cinematographer Maryse Alberti on M. Night Shyamalan’s
- National Weather Service to determine if tornado hit town
- Election Night went down to the wire
- When will you die? A new blood test may hold the answer.
- Newbie Recap: “Soft Light”, “Our Town”, & “Anasazi”
- Explosion rocks Wisconsin town after natural gas main struck
- Astros' George Springer available off bench vs. Mariners Wednesday
Celtics Have A True Test Wednesday Night With Pacers In Town have 305 words, post on boston.cbslocal.com at January 9, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.