Premiair Reserves reached the final of the Peterborough Minor Cup after a nail-biting victory over Orton Rangers at Bushfield on Saturday (March 9).
The Peterborough League Division Four sides fought out a 3-3 draw in their semi-final clash before Premiair won 4-3 on penalties.
Premiair came from behind to secure the win. Joe Dobson (2) and Tyrese Brown scored their goals to set up a final date with all-star Division Five side Stanground Sports.
In the Peterborough Premier Division Whittlesey Athletic made it five wins in a row with a 4-1 success over fading champions Netherton United.
Whittlesey struck three unanswered goals in the second-half to clinch victory. Matt Heron helped himself to a hat-trick with Ricky Hailstone also netting. Ritchie Baines replied for Netherton.
Second-place behind likely champions Moulton Harrox is up for grabs with Whittlesey and Stamford Lions both having the games in hand to catch long-time high fliers Peterborough Sports Development, Netherton and Thorney.
Lions fought back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 at ICA Sports with goals from Jake Showler, Tom Edwards and Matt Hedley. A Rob Ames double had seemingly put the city side in control.
Michael Nelson scored twice as Oakham beat Leverington 4-0, while Tydd and Long Sutton Athletic fought out a 2-2 draw.
Saturday, March 9
PETERBOROUGH & DISTRICT LEAGUE
Premier Division: ICA Sports 2 (Ames 2). Stamford Lions 3 (Showler, Edwards, Hedley); Oakham United 4 (Nelson 2, Brookes, North). Leverington Sports 0; Tydd FC 2, Long Sutton Athletic 2 (Bell, England); Whittlesey Athletic 4 (Heron 3, Hailstone), Netherton United 1 (R. Baines).
PFSDF Minor Cup:
Semi-final: Premiair Res 3 (Dobson 2, Brown), Orton Rangers 3.
(Premiair won 4-3 on penalties).
- Watch: Josh Magennis nets hat-trick to send Bolton through in FA Cup
- Gareth Bale nets stunning 11-minute hat-trick to fire Real Madrid into Club World Cup final
- Irish League Round Up: Ten goals and two hat-tricks in Institute thriller as Ballymena extend lead at the top
- WATCH Hockey Star Ovechkin Notch Another Hat Trick, Saving Game for Capitals
- Sinclair hat-trick makes the difference as Celtic edge Aberdeen in seven-goal thriller
- Watch: Mayo pip Leitrim in dramatic penalty shootout as James Horan starts second reign with a win
- Penalty shootouts could decide Championship games this summer
- Irish League Round Up: Stewart hat-trick sends Linfield clear at the top while Glentoran keeper Morris scores
- Man City bounce back from Newcastle shock as Sergio Aguero hat-trick sinks Arsenal
- Patrick Dwyer hits a hat-trick as Belfast Giants hold on to make it a double over Sheffield Steelers