By Phil Jensen | [email protected] | Bay Area News GroupApril 17, 2019 at 10:30 am The Los Gatos High School baseball team entered this week with a five-game winning streak after a pair of nonleague victories last season. First, the Wildcats took a 3-0 lead in the top of the third inning on their way to a 7-2 win over Santa Teresa. Los Gatos’ Brennan King was 2 for 3 at the plate with two RBI and a run scored. Teammate Jack Lewis Miller also had two hits and drove in a run, and Tommy Splaine had two RBI for the Wildcats. The next day, Los Gatos produced eight runs in the bottom of the fourth inning in a 12-1 win over Leigh. Splaine had an excellent day at the plate, with three hits, a walk, two runs scored and two RBI. Ben Stuhlmuller was 2 for 4, including a triple, with two runs scored and an RBI. Jarred Mazzaferro and Trevor Allen also had two hits, and Allen and King drove in two runs apiece. Miller pitched six innings of four-hit ball. Los Gatos started this week with a 14-4 overall record and 6-2 mark in the Santa Clara… Read full this story
- 25 Bay Area high school athletes we miss watching this time of year
- Rockies fall to Phillies, snap six-game win streak in MLB The Show 20
- Mike Singletary resigned as coach for Texas high school after going 1-21 in two seasons
- Roundtable: Which non-playoff team has the brightest future?
- Kid gloves: Search for a baseball glove puts Dunham's Brennan Phillips in business
- Keeler: Why beating coronavirus was Denver South coach Wayne McDonald’s biggest win of 2020
- New superintendent brings Rochester baseball top Dog from Staunton
- Cam Akers primed for impact role with Los Angeles Rams
- Every NL team's biggest 'what if' of the 21st century: Steve Bartman, A-Rod as a Met and more
- Stephen F. Austin to vacate wins, conference championships
High School Roundup: Los Gatos baseball team extends winning streak have 310 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at April 17, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.