Praful Patel is currently the vice-president of Asian Football Confederation (AFC). © AFP The All India Football Federation (AIFF) might be fighting a legal battle in the Supreme Court over the validity of its constitution vis-a-vis the National Sports Code (NSC) but president Praful Patel is set to don a bigger role on the world stage this week. According to AIFF sources, Patel, in all likelihood, will become the first Indian to be elected a member of FIFA Executive Council for a four-year period when elections are held in the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) headquarters in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday.The executive council is FIFA’s highest decision making body and it has never had an Indian member in the past. Former AIFF president Priyaranjan Dasmunsi was once elected to the technical committee of FIFA.Patel, who is currently the vice-president of AFC, has decided not to run for a re-election and instead opted to fight for the FIFA body. His place in AFC could be taken by the Pakistan representative.”It is an eight-corner contest for five spots from Asia in FIFA, but we are confident of Patel’s victory. He is being supported by AFC President Shaikh Salman and all other member countries… Read full this story
- Indian cinema shall always be 'before & after Dilip Kumar': Big B, Subhash Ghai, Praful Patel wish actor on 96th birthday
- Pawar could become the next PM in 2019: Praful Patel
- Prada to set up diversity council after racism accusations
- All set for corpn. council polls today
- Complex issues but work closely with AIFF for solution: FIFA tells I-League clubs
- Quote-unquote: Infantino promises 'to bring FIFA back to football'
- Official Emblem launched for FIFA U-17 World Cup
- FIFA to push for Club World Cup expansion
- FIFA President Gianni Infantino to run unopposed in June
- Indian envoy in UK red-flags back tax: Investors nervous
Praful Patel Set To Be First Indian In FIFA Council have 312 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at April 1, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.