Cathy Engelbert, CEO of professional services firm Deloitte, has been hired as the first commissioner of the WNBA less than 10 days before the league tips off its 23rd season, NBA commissioner Adam Silver announced Wednesday.Engelbert, who will report directly to Silver, will assume her role with the WNBA on July 17, when her four-year term as Deloitte’s CEO concludes. Prior to Engelbert, the WNBA has been led by presidents, the most recent being Lisa Borders, who stepped down in October. Related News NBA Draft lottery 2019: Like NYC, Zion Williamson was rooting for Knicks, too, report says Greek coach who discovered Giannis: I had a feeling something big was going to happen Jerry West to continue as Clippers front-office adviser, report says “Cathy is a world-class business leader with a deep connection to women’s basketball, which makes her the ideal person to lead the WNBA into its next phase of growth,” Silver said in a news release. “The WNBA will benefit significantly from her more than 30 years of business and operational experience including revenue generation, sharp entrepreneurial instincts and proven management abilities.”Basketball is in Engelbert’s blood.She played at Lehigh for Hall of Fame coach Muffet McGraw and was… Read full this story
- Ducati CEO Claudio Domenicali Named President Of Italy's 'Motor Valley'
- Macquarie Group’s Shemara Wikramanayake is Australia’s highest paid CEO
- Jonquel Jones Is Rebounding Her Way Into WNBA History
- Connect FSS Announces Brand Name for Digital Banking Platform
- ET Awards: Remember, we start up, start more, start again, says Deloitte's N Venkatram
- Hyderabad rape and murder case: Cops change victim's name to 'Disha'
- Are Facebook workers turning against Mark Zuckerberg? Founder drops 39 places in list of top 100 CEOs decided by employees
- Atlantic City’s Ocean Casino Resort names Glebocki as CEO
- Austrian Chancellor Proposes to Cut Number of EU Commissioners From 28 to 18
- Woman slams police commissioner for not sacking officer who leaked her address to her 'violent ex-partner' forcing her to move homes TWICE
Deloitte CEO Cathy Engelbert named WNBA's first commissioner have 335 words, post on www.sportingnews.com at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.