Using times and distances, Sara Hatleli computes expected standings in a spreadsheet to show her Rosemount girls track and field team where they stand heading into a meet. Last year, the Irish were about 200 expected points behind Wayzata heading into the True Team state meet and made up 100 points during the meet before falling short and finishing second to the Trojans. Lesson learned; points can be made up. Again on the short side of projected points, Rosemount prevailed Friday in the Class 3A state True Team meet at Stillwater High School. The Irish scored 1,137.50 points to beat second-place Wayzata with 1,123.50. Stillwater was third with 1,004. “Last year, we were down by 200 and we closed the gap by 100,” said Rosemount senior Arianna Passeri, who had the top finish in the long jump to help the Irish keep their slim lead late in the meet. “This year, we were down by 60, so we knew closing the gap by 60 was possible.” Rosemount captured its first True Team title; the Irish girls were third in 2017. “Taking second last year, we all kind of felt like a defeat,” said senior Tierra Doss, who finished third in… Read full this story
- The Problem With USA Track & Field - There Simply is No Fire in the Belly
- Track & Field - 10 Athletes Really Gained Attention at the 2008 Bremerton West Sound Senior Games
- Win at the Dog Track Without Being Under the Influence
- Win at the Dog Track - Developing a Winning Attitude
- High School Track & Field - Yes, There is Phenom Jordan Hasay, Here Are the Best Preps of the Rest
- The Number 1 Secret to Win at the Dog Track
- The Most Important Step You Can Take to Win at the Dog Track
- The #1 Tipoff to How Weight Affects a Greyhound's Winning at the Dog Track
- Win at the Dog Track - What Are Spot Plays and How Do You Spot Them?
- How to Win at the Dog Track - Is This Common Mistake Robbing You of Your Winnings?
Rosemount girls win state True Team track and field title have 337 words, post on www.twincities.com at May 17, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.