WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump will deliver an immigration speech on Thursday. Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner has been working to finalize a plan that focuses on border security and changes to the legal immigration system. Kushner presented the plan to senators on the Hill Tuesday. Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., told reporters after the presentation that White House officials seemed “well on their way” to winning consensus for a plan that would unite Republicans on the contentious issue. But he added, “Whether it will or not, I don’t know.” One Republican official briefed on Tuesday’s meeting said Kushner provided few details. Trump’s speech Thursday hasn’t been publicly announced, but a person familiar with the plans discussed them on condition of anonymity. Close
- Trump to launch new immigration overhaul
- By-election message is clear: Deliver Brexit– John McLellan
- Trump denounces Democrats at rally but avoids race
- Mass Arrests in Mississippi
- Czech PM attacks ‘eurocrats’ over EU funds misuse suspicions
- 'Why Boris Johnson is only here for the short term'
- Mexico, US to exchange information on El Paso shooting
Trump to deliver immigration speech Thursday have 190 words, post on www.boston.com at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.