PUBLISHED: 19:31 14 June 2019 | UPDATED: 19:31 14 June 2019
Crews from across Suffolk were sent to the scene of a barn fire in Mill Lane, Baylham Picture: PHIL MORLEY
A large barn is said to have been heavily damaged in a blaze, firefighters have said.
Five fire crews from Ipswich East, Woodbridge, Princes Street, Needham Market and Stowmarket were called to the scene in Mill Lane, Baylham at 6.25pm on Friday, June 14.
They were faced with a barn fire said to be filled heavily with smoke, as a large amount of straw and stubble were ablaze.
After battling the fire for more than 40 minutes, the fire had been extinguished, although crews remain on scene to dampen down.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called to the scene of a 20x20m barn fire in Mill Lane, Baylham.
“The fire has been extinguished but there is a heavy amount of smoke in the barn.
“There has been a lot of damage.”
They added the cause of the fire is not known, with an investigation into the cause set to begin tomorrow morning.
There were no reported injuries.
- Climate change forces redesign of Cuba's tobacco curing barns
- New book questions whether Dam Busters raid truly inflicted serious damage on Hitler’s war machine
- Heavily-armed police were 'told a gun was only a plastic toy' before they stormed into a nightclub and shot a couple engaged in a sex act while dressed up as comic book villains
- Apex Legends weapon damage stats charts, including new L-Star EMG and best weapons explained
- Flood defence plans heavily favour London and south-east
- Heavily-armed officers blast rubber bullets and tear gas at Yellow Vest activists marching through Paris for 'victims of police violence' - as protests calling for uprising against Macron reach 12th week in row
- Oklahoma Fracking Controls to Fail Preventing Environmental Damages
- Mother shot twice in the leg by police while engaged in a sex act at a swingers' party demands answers after 12-month investigation into why heavily-armed officers opened fire on her
- Our mutual friends
- Top 10 books on memory