INDIANAPOLIS — Rookie linebacker Bobby Okereke became the Indianapolis Colts’ final draft pick to sign his rookie contract Friday.
He was a third-round selection, No. 89 overall. Indianapolis expects him to provide depth at linebacker and eventually compete for a starting job.
Okereke made 240 tackles in 51 college games but was identified last week as the previously unnamed Stanford player who faced a sexual assault allegation in 2015. He was not punished by school officials and faced no legal charges.
The two sides completed the deal one day after the team’s mandatory minicamp ended. Indy will not practice again until it reports to training camp in late July.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/tag/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP_NFL
- 2018 NFL Draft: Miami Dolphins LB targets other than Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds
- Meet the Seahawks' 2018 draft class
- How 10 analysts graded the Denver Broncos 2018 NFL draft class
- What Miami Dolphins think of this NFL draft class
- Summing up the Carolina Panthers' 2018 draft class: In a word ... speed
- 49ers draft preview: Is LB Roquan Smith a fit?
- Saints' draft class is about depth, development and Marcus Davenport
- UK basketball's Jarred Vanderbilt entering NBA draft, not signing with an agent as of now
- NFL Draft 2018: Purdue LB Ja'whaun Bentley goes to New England Patriots at No. 143 overall
- Q&A with Hawkeyes running back Akrum Wadley, the undersized workhorse of the 2018 NFL Draft class