INTERIM-BOSS RICHARD Agar felt the “lack of a killer punch” cost Leeds Rhinos in last night’s 23-14 loss to Wigan Warriors, writes PETER SMITH.
Rhinos led twice and applied pressure for long spells in the second half, but could not find a crucial third try which would – almost certainly – have won the game.
Rhinos remain deep in relegation trouble, just two points ahead of bottom club London Broncos and Hull KR, who are both in action today.
Agar said: “I thought in the first half field position and opportunities to play at their end were limited, but – apart from one blip – we held up defensively pretty well.
“In the second half we earned a lot more field position, but couldn’t find the killer punch on the end of it, though we nearly did.”
Leeds opted not to kick for goal with penalties in the second half and Agar – who paid tribute to Wigan’s defence – admitted: “The drop goal just before half-time was important and I thought we could have had a penalty just before that.
Three or four weeks ago polishing our attack wasn’t top of the list of priorities. The players are committed to improving and I think defensively we withstood a fair bit.
“But that’s not why we lost, we had enough possession at their end to come away with a bit more.
“That said, three or four weeks ago polishing our attack wasn’t top of the list of priorities. The players are committed to improving and I think defensively we withstood a fair bit.”
- 'OnePlus 3' News & Update: The Flagship Killer To Cost More In The UK? Find Out Why Here
- Next Killer Instinct Character Confirmed, Season 3 Rebalance Patch Notes Released
- Review in Progress: Killer Instinct
- Killer Instinct's Latest DLC Character Gargos Is Out Now With New Patch
- Killer Instinct's Newest Fighter Isn't Cinder, She's Returning Character Maya
- Samurai Gunn 2 and Killer Queen Black Are Fantastic Multiplayer Switch Games [Preview]
- Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition Releases This Year; Available for Preorder Now
- Arbiter's Stage in Killer Instinct Pushes Game's Scripting "To the Limit"
- Punch Club for Nintendo Switch Has a Release Date on the European eShop
- Warriors Orochi 4 Offers a More Traditional Musou Experience for Series Fans