Part of Minnesota Highway 244 in Mahtomedi will be closed next week as crews work to repair a sinkhole caused by a drainage pipe that failed.
Both directions of Minnesota 244 between Old Wildwood Road and Birchwood Road will close beginning at 5 a.m. Monday, weather permitting, and could remain closed for up to seven days, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Crews expect to reopen the road by 6 a.m. June 24.
Motorists should follow the posted detour signs, plan accordingly and give themselves more time to reach their destinations, MnDOT officials said.
The price to repair the highway, also known as Wildwood Road, is $197,000.
- Storm Causes Road Closures, Outages In Fairfax County
- Cutler leads road-warrior Bears past Falcons 27-13
- Jay Cutler leads road-warrior Bears past Falcons
- Corvette museum to refill sinkhole
- The Latest: Hamlin leading Daytona 500 at halfway point
- The Latest: Hamlin leads with 50 laps to go in Daytona 500
- Clippers complete 7-game road trip with easy win over Jazz
- Corvettes damaged in museum sinkhole attract huge numbers
- Corvette museum likely to keep part of sinkholes as tourist attraction
- Corvette restored after being damaged in museum sinkhole