By Mark Medina | [email protected] | Bay Area News GroupPUBLISHED: June 14, 2019 at 3:51 pm | UPDATED: June 14, 2019 at 3:51 pm OAKLAND — Initially, Warriors coach Steve Kerr made the move sound like a fore-gone conclusion. The Warriors had signed DeMarcus Cousins to a surprisingly low $5.3 million with their taxpayer mid-level exception because of the league-wide concern about his surgically repaired left Achilles tendon. As far as re-signing him this summer, though? Kerr did not see how that would work. “We made no bones about it when we signed him. “This is a one-year deal and we’re not going to have money to sign him next year,” Kerr said in November. “So we’d like to help him win a championship and sign a great contract somewhere else. That’s the reality.” Klay Thompson subscribes. You can too for just 11 cents a day for 11 months + receive a free Warriors Championship book. Sign me up! Kerr’s skepticism had nothing to do with Cousins’ fit, his attitude or how he would recover from his left Achilles tendon injury. Per rules of the salary cap, the Warriors can only offer Cousins about a 20 percent raise which would… Read full this story
- Lakers center DeMarcus Cousins 'threatened to shoot his son's mother if she stopped the boy from attending his wedding, warning: ''I'm gonna put a bullet in your f***ing head''
- Lakers center DeMarcus Cousins is wanted on domestic violence warrant after he 'threatened to shoot his baby mama if she stopped the boy from attending his wedding'
- DeMarcus Cousins Is On The Sacramento Kings
- Did the Golden State Warriors’ Addition of DeMarcus Cousins Just Ruin the NBA Season?
- DeMarcus Cousins free agency update: Former All-Star changes agents in hopes of securing new contract, per report
- DeMarcus Cousins free agency: Star big man joins Lakers on one-year deal, reunites with Anthony Davis, per report
- Lakers have not ruled out possibility of DeMarcus Cousins returning this season, per report
- Lakers free agency: Los Angeles signs DeMarcus Cousins, Danny Green in wake of Kawhi Leonard decision
- Harassment charges against Lakers’ DeMarcus Cousins reportedly dropped
- Lakers center DeMarcus Cousins has criminal charges dropped, case dismissed, per report
Warriors also remain open about retaining DeMarcus Cousins have 362 words, post on www.eastbaytimes.com at June 14, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.