Henry Payne The Detroit News
Published 12:47 AM EDT Jul 19, 2019
The mid-engine 2020 Chevrolet Corvette is one of the most anticipated cars of the year — make that century.
It was shadowed for years by spy photographers. It rolled through New York’s Times Square this spring in camouflage. It’s been teased in a video.
Now, it’s finally here.
More: Revealed: Chevrolet takes the wraps off mid-engine Corvette C8
More: Why now? How the 2020 mid-engine Corvette came to be
It will be revealed by GM President Mark Reuss and the ‘Vette team in a WWII blimp hangar in Orange County, California at 10:30 p.m. EST today.
Follow coverage of the event at detroitnews.com, as The Detroit News will be on-site, bringing you the latest information.
Long-awaited mid-engine Corvette C8 debuts Thursday
Mid-engine camouflaged Corvette takes Times Square by storm, debuts July 18
Photos: General Motors reveals the fabled mid-engine Corvette
Elusive Chevy Corvette C8 starts to come into the open
Henry Payne is auto critic for The Detroit News. Find him at [email protected] or Twitter @HenryEPayne. Catch “Car Radio with Henry Payne” from noon-2 p.m. Saturdays on 910 AM Superstation.
- Premier League considers winter break ahead of new TV deal
- Review: Chevrolet Camaro vs Ford Mustang
- Inside the transformation: Burrell building driven into greener times thanks to new ‘engine room’
- Manchester City midfielder Fernandinho signs contract extension till 2020
- The East Kilbride engineers who defied General Pinochet and are now the stars of a new film
- Mid Suffolk District council approves £2.6m investment in Stowmarket’s Regal Theatre and Cinema
- Massive engineer jobs drive across Scotland as search for 400 gets underway
- Stowmarket’s Regal theatre and cinema one step closer to £2.5m development grant and loan from Mid Suffolk District Council
- New Scotland manager Alex McLeish vows to showcase nation's talents at Euro 2020
- Stopping climate engineering would be devastating for the planet, warn scientists