Fair or not, this weekend’s series — along with every other one against premier American League competition this season, including next month’s encounter with the New York Yankees — was slated for use as fodder to measure the Dodgers’ standing among the elite. Yes, they have been, by far, the best team in the National League, and four-game, midseason blips are not sufficient sample sizes. But the consensus is the AL features more top-tier clubs. Boston’s convincing five-game triumph over the Dodgers in the World Series in October only stoked the widespread opinion.
- Ortiz’s 3-run homer helps Red Sox end skid
- Daniel Nava’s slam sends rallying Red Sox past skidding Royals
- Holt’s 8th-inning HR lifts Red Sox past skidding Orioles 7-5
- Red Sox complete 4-game sweep on Braves’ throwing error
- Padres beat Dodgers 4-1 to end 2-game skid
- Royals beat Dodgers 5-3 to end four-game skid
- Royals beat Dodgers 5-3 to end 4-game skid
- Miley, Red Sox end Royals’ 5-game winning streak
- Flashback: Red Sox end Curse of the Bambino in 2004 World Series
- Peavy, Red Sox falter in Game 4 as Tigers tie ALCS
Dodgers romp against Red Sox to end skid at four games have 191 words, post on www.latimes.com at July 13, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.