0 Have your say On the 10th anniversary of Eugen Bopp barging his way into Pompey consciousness, Jamal Lowe could well have diminished his own presence in Fratton folklore. Bopp, of course, materialised a decade ago during a pre-season friendly against the Hawks, netting twice in a 2-2 draw.A former Nottingham Forest companion of then-Blues manager Paul Hart, the midfielder remained for almost the entire season, yet never playing a competitive match.A curious entry in the annals of Pompey history – as is the Lowe episode which unfolded on Saturday. Kenny Jackett’s side produced a lacklustre and largely unconvincing display in a 2-1 victory, a scoreline secured late on through substitute Brett Pitman.However, the occasion was overshadowed by the non-appearance of last season’s leading scorer.Lowe is agitating for a move to the Championship, with Wigan the likely destination, unless there is a late entrant to the summer transfer saga.Regardless, he was named in the starting XI at Westleigh Park for Pompey’s second friendly of the pre-season.More than an hour later, his name was pulled, with Gareth Evans ushered from the bench to take his right-wing spot and handed the captain’s armband.According to Jackett, the confusion stemmed from an unfortunate team sheet error, with the Wigan target actually having… Read full this story
- Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen passes away aged 65
- Dylan Farrow Addresses the New York Times Columnist Who Accuses Her of 'Smearing' Woody Allen
- NBA's Allen Crabbe Arrested for DUI On Sunset Strip
- Washington State Legislature pays tribute to Paul Allen on what would have been his 66th birthday
- Ontario institute finally gets Stephen Hawking
- If Paul Allen’s Seattle Seahawks are sold, who could step in? Bill Gates? Jeff Bezos? Howard Schultz?!
- Australian Court Upholds Sex Abuse Verdict of Cardinal Pell
- Billionaires leave space legacies: Jeff Bezos, Paul Allen join ‘Legends of Aviation’
- Moon landing: Buzz Aldrin's Apollo 11 hoax secret 'kept for 50 years' revealed
- Data for good, or good for nothing?
Hawks 1 Pompey 2: Neil Allen's verdict have 337 words, post on www.portsmouth.co.uk at July 14, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.