The scholarship is named in honor of the co-founder of the Houston Marathon Foundation and honors exceptional student athletes.
Katherine Babcock, a graduate from The Woodlands College Park High School, and Gerald Beaugene, a graduate from Travis High School in Fort Bend County, were awarded with the 2019 scholarship.
Each student will get $5,000 annually for four years.
It’s something these special student athletes say they won’t take for granted.
For more information on the scholarship, you can visit the Houston Marathon’s website.
The video above is from a previous story.
- Gift Ideas For High School Graduation That Are Unique
- High School Graduation Gifts - Imagine the Fun You'll Have Finding the Right Gift
- High School Graduation Gifts - Ideas For Your Special Graduate
- High School Graduating and High School Graduation Invitations
- Throwing the Ultimate High School Graduation Party - 5 Steps to Success
- Coupon Offers For High School Graduates
- Calm Those Homeschool High School Jitters
- Dazzle Your Classmates With Fabulous High School Senior Portraits
- Taking a Year Off After High School to Get Into Ivy Leagues
- What If Homeschooling High School Isn't Working?