LONDON – A U.K. newspaper published more leaked memos from Britain’s ambassador in Washington on Sunday, despite a police warning that doing so might be a crime. In one 2018 cable published by the Mail on Sunday, U.K. ambassador Kim Darroch says President Donald Trump pulled out of an international nuclear deal with Iran as an act of “diplomatic vandalism” to spite his predecessor, Barack Obama. The memo was written after then-Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson visited Washington in a failed attempt to persuade the U.S. not to abandon the Iran nuclear agreement. “The outcome illustrated the paradox of this White House: you got exceptional access, seeing everyone short of the president; but on the substance, the administration is set upon an act of diplomatic vandalism, seemingly for ideological and personality reasons – it was Obama’s deal,” Darroch wrote. Darroch announced his resignation last week after the newspaper published cables in which he’d branded the Trump administration dysfunctional and inept. The White House responded by refusing to deal with him, and Trump branded the ambassador a “pompous fool” in a Twitter fusillade. U.K. police are hunting the culprits behind the leak — and, contentiously, have warned journalists that publishing the documents… Read full this story
- The Hindu explains: The Iran deal
- Ben Rhodes and the 'Retailing' of the Iran Deal
- Grenell's Appointment a Sign That Trump is Going to Purge Obama Loyalists From WH – Ex-CIA Analyst
- The Real Test of the Iran Deal
- Why did Donald Trump kill Iran’s general Qasem Soleimani?
- The Trump-Democratic Fiscal Deal Puts The Lid Back On A Boiling Pot
- I WILL overturn Roe v Wade says Trump as he promises 'two or three pro-life' Supreme Court appointments
- Coronavirus: Spread of virus in UK 'likely' says Boris Johnson
- Court says Trump administration can withhold money from NYC, 7 states in 'sanctuary cities' fight
- Tom Steyer says Trump 'has already blown' US response to coronavirus
Leaked UK memo says Trump axed Iran deal to spite Obama have 324 words, post on www.daily-chronicle.com at July 14, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.