The Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Sussex sat side-by-side as they watched the women’s singles final at Wimbledon. Kate and Meghan arrived separately at SW19 this afternoon, ahead of Serena Williams’ clash with Simona Halep on Centre Court. They then took their seats next to one another in the Royal Box, where they were also joined by Kate’s sister, Pippa Middleton. The pair were seen chatting and smiling ahead of the game, which Halep won in straight sets. The Duchess of Cambridge, patron of the All England Lawn Tennis Club, wore a green short-sleeved Dolce and Gabbana dress with gold buttons. Meghan, with her hair pulled back, wore a smart collared shirt and high-waisted skirt. She and Williams are close friends, with Williams attending her wedding to Harry last summer. Halep’s convincing victory makes her the first Romanian to win a Wimbledon singles title. She beat seven-times champion Serena Williams 6-2 6-2, in what is her second Grand Slam title following her triumph at Roland Garros last year. The result denied Williams from equalling Margaret Court’s all-time record of winning 24 Grand Slam singles titles. Also watching the game were Poldark star Aidan Turner and actress Lily James. He was pictured sharing a joke with fellow thespian James as the pair… Read full this story
- Poldark season 5 – Four reasons to watch the final series of the hit BBC show
- WATCH: Meghan Markle, Kate Middleton bow heads in unison during royal procession at Trooping the Colour
- Andy Murray: Best moments from Wimbledon final
- Black Friday deals to get Meghan Markle & Kate Middleton's style, but for less!
- Serena mauls Sharapova, to face Muguruza in Wimbledon final
- Gwyneth Paltrow joins Kate Hudson, and Zoe Saldana as stars of the latest Visit Dubai commercial
- How Muguruza can topple the mighty Serena in Wimbledon final
- PHOTOS: Celebrities glam up Wimbledon finals
- Royal news: Meghan Markle, Kate Middleton, Prince Andrew and Prince William
- Kit Harington says he hasn't watched GoT final season
Meghan joined by Kate to watch Wimbledon final have 335 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at July 13, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.